Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Blues Are Still Blue

I’m eating cholesterol free icrecream with diet coke poured liberally over it as we speak. Fat free America is slowly but deliberately creeping into my kitchen.

I’m also chatting with Australis as we speak. I tell her this. Her response “what kind of garbage is that?” makes me reach out for some Cheetos.

I’m easily influenced.

Oh, funny thing happened a while back...I was in a bar with one of my squash buddies. We were winding down after a game and I noticed a strange apparatus on the bar. It instantly brought back memories of one of the craziest nights I have ever had. In Prague. 3 people and 2 Absinthe shots each. That’s all it had taken.

I recounted said night to squash buddy.

He said “Wow, that is a crazy night, but more importantly what the fuck is Absinthe?”

You would be happy to know that I wacked him for his ignorance (I'm of the spare-the-rod-spoil-the-child side of life).

So I told him “Basically it’s rumoured to be a hallucinogenic”.

We ordered 2 shots. It was the american watered down version, so we ordered 1 more. I know, americans, plich!

Anyway, after those 3 shots, we hummed and hawed for a while and in one of those moments of silence that usually ensue in conversations, he proceeded to start texting. And for some reason he really seemed engrossed in the texting. Also, at the same time, a whole bevy of beautiful yet slut-ily dressed girls descended into the bar (The Lord, He Giveth every now and then).

Squash buddy looks up from his texting, looks around at all the girls and says “wow, this Absinthe shit really works!”.

I need smarter friends.

We did have another shot and he was highly disappointed that the "hallucinogenic" didn't make the girls take their clothes off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment.I hope you visit again. Try pink berry instead of fat free ice cream.

Serendipity said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! What a cool pos to read first thing coming in to work after a weekend
:)

Australis said...

Maybe I am just awesomely convincing. :D

And jesus, I split my sides laughing. Absinthe....mmmmm...love it. You know what they say - Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. :D

Sumedha said...

DON'T FALL FOR THE LOW-FAT PROMOTERS!! Take the word of a Coke-aholic... regular Coke is a lot better than the diet kind. :D

CrazyDiamond said...

@Gigi: Pinkberry's too pink for me. But I'll venture if you say so.

@Serendipity: :)

@Australis: hehe...such a player of words.

@Sumedha: I agree dude. Save me from them.

I Think We're Alone Now

Pitter patter patter it away there's a world out there  it don't care either way  it want to grab it want to hold  it wants your s...