Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Elvendore

It's been a while now
I can still see the frivolous plot
On it's hinges of brown
Rusted and broken down.

It was I recall
A trip to a place called Elvendore
When we all decided to let it out
Long hair, tattoos, the smoke and the water
The big bikes with neon signs
And the live it free flavour
She was one of us
Torn jeans, nipple rings
And the meanest language you ever did see
It was fun
We were young
We were free.
We carried it off for a year
Or was it two or three
The smoke clouds my memory.

But why did it all grow up?

I'm not sure how
I'm not sure why
Maybe it just drifted away
In a twisted sense with destiny
I met her yesterday
In a place not far away;
But that wasn’t her case.
She called it ‘settling down’
Her hair was long
The tiara sparkled like a song
And the black designer dress...

What made her change?
Why couldn't she have remained the same?
Now she worries without a worry
She’s scared they’ll steal her money
She kept asking me to see her fancy cars
The big bungalow without a scar
The swimming pool by the bar
And how she’s the only millionaire
Within a mile of here

Now I’m back in my world
Of a handful of love and luck
And as I ask the man
Behind the wooden fence
To pour another one of his wonder drinks
A smile creeps to my face
Filled with memories and a broken down faith
Maybe someday
After she’s got what she wants to say
After they’ve stolen all her money and run away
Maybe then we’ll meet in Elvendore
And be free again.

2 comments:

VM said...

Now that my curiosity has dragged me to your blog...and I am skimming over your work...you are prolific btw...I think you are much better at poetry than prose..the poems are really good!

CrazyDiamond said...

are they? thanks *takes a bow, with a smile swelling up inside*

One is very protective of one's poems and rarely reveals them to the big bad world wide web...its an evil place it is.

I Think We're Alone Now

Pitter patter patter it away there's a world out there  it don't care either way  it want to grab it want to hold  it wants your s...